Thursday, December 4, 2008

Avatar: Lo Azalee

I have now arrived in Second Life.  What an interesting experience this is here. It literally is a whole other world.
Trying to set my account here in Second Life was a little difficult at first.  I did it all on my own not with someone else and with our group.  But i got my avatar set up and into Help Island and tried figuring out how to navigate around.  I got down how to do the little very self explanatory navigation options like how to fly and turn around and touch 
things and such.  I experience some random people trying to talk to my and get my information which i found a little weird.  Some people kept fallowing my around and i didn't like that too much, but got over it.  
Some of the challenges that i came across right away was editing my appearance.  I could not figure out to get just a simple pair of jeans and a t-shirt.  There was a little bit of time were i was wearing nothing but underpants and a bra.  Then i really had 
some people fallowing me, haha.  I got that problem fixed very fast, and just put on a really basic outfit and it was all fine.
Another challenge that i came across was not being able to get from
 island to island.  I was stuck on Help Island.  I had to get together with my professor in Second Life and she had to teleport me to UWM Island.  Then from there i was able to help teleport my group members to the Island as well. Then once there were more of us together in second life we were able to help each other figure some things out.  
There is one thing i want to check out... the free island.  I guess there is lots of stuff that can you can get like clothes and such.  That might be fun.
Second Life in relation to Organizational Communication, not sure how this would benefit or not benefit to it but it is a good source for Communicating with other people who might be in other cities or even countries.  Once i get a little more experience in Second Life i can get a better say in what it would be good for.

~Lauren Anthony/Lo Azalee

No comments: